I've just completed 45 days of Phase 2 on the Simeons protocol and I have a few reflections. There are a number of things I would do differently, and a number of things to note.
Things I'll Do For Next Phase 2:
- I will actually follow the recommendations from the book that suggested taking my measurements before I started, and taking a "before" photo of myself. I totally regret not doing this my first time around.
- I felt socially isolated during phase 2, so I may start my next round by hanging out with my friends for both gorge days and totally "gorging" in the truest sense of the word.
- I will actually walk, spend time in the sauna, and lift weights during my next round, because I am now realizing how weak I have become since finishing college volleyball.
Interesting Notes:
- My body does not appreciate major cheat days. It usually takes me about 3-4 days to recover.
- The first time you have a "major cheat".... you will get sick. So just know that when you're making your decisions ;)
- I got a major headache on the first two days on phase 2, and the last two days on phase 2. I don't know why, but I'm making note of it so I can possibly adjust next time around.
- Grapefruits are apparently magical. Every time I hit a plateau and couldn't' shake it, I had grapefruits instead of apples and it totally helped jump start the weight loss again.
So it's the first day of Phase 3. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I.....gained two pounds. Yes. Two freaking pounds. Unbelievable. So it's day one of phase three and I'm on the steak protocol. Shit. This is definitely not as awesome as I thought it was going to be. My hope is that tomorrow I will be back down to 249 and I can continue on my merry way with phase three.
Per protocol, I went the entire day without eating anything which was pretty unreal. I actually wasn't hungry. I thought it would be impossible to do something like this without using the hcg injections, but it was actually pretty easy. My coworkers even ordered pizza for a meeting we had, and I didn't have a single bite. Unfortunately, my plans to make the steak protocol happen were a struggle and I'm actually eating waaaaaaayyyyy later than I had wanted. Here's hoping tomorrow morning I'm back at 249!
Oh, and the steak... It was so incredibly wonderful to taste something with loads of spices :) Eat your hearts out everyone on Phase 2!!! MUHAHAHAHA!

That looks so good!!!! Nice job making it all day too! It's really encouraging that you weren't hungry.
ReplyDelete