Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 44

No change. I've been sneaking too many cheats over this long weekend... :( It's ok though, because today and tomorrow are my LAST two days eating on the VLCD protocol. I WILL eat 100% on protocol because that's what the book said to do, and because I'm too afraid to go against THE BOOK.

I've heard that you can't necessarily eat "as much" as you want, but rather you need to stay within a reasonable 1800-2000 calories per day. Any input from anyone else on that?

I have to admit, that I'm a little nervous about leaving phase 2 behind. I almost feel dependent on the injections to keep my weight at a manageable level, or to keep me in an emotionally balanced state where I'm not feeling constantly guilty about not exercising enough, not eating the right things, cheating, etc. Today is my first day without an injection, and it hasn't been as bad as I thought. I haven't had any major anxiety attacks just yet! haha! I am fearful that I'll immediately start gaining weight back once I move to phase 3. I'm going to do my best to push that feeling aside and just follow the instructions laid out in the book.

It's really nice to have lost 40 lbs, and it would be really awful to immediately start gaining it back....especially since I still don't really feel my reflection in the mirror is the body image I have in my head. Did that make sense? I feel like I still have a ways to go, so I don't want to have any backwards slides! :)


Current Weight: 249
Total Weight Lost: 40

1 comment:

  1. Everything you are saying are all the same fears I have!! Will leaving the injections behind mean all the weight comes back? Man I hope not! Cat has told me many times that you are super disciplined though, so do what the book says and you should be fine.

    And yes, all the Youtube videos I have seen about Phase 3 warn you to stay in a calorie range instead of a free for all. I guess that is the lifestyle change part; don't go back to eating whatever whenever, learn portion control. At least I think that is what I will be learning on that phase. Also, because of our shared love of cheese, I would watch out for eating too much of that alone, because of all the calories.

    Anyway, you rock! 40 pounds is amazing!

    ReplyDelete