So yesterday was the longest freaking day ever! I found out I had to attend this training from 7-10pm. WONDERFUL. I was totally unprepared. I ended up eating on protocol for most of the day and having to improvise dinner. I decided to eat my mother's homemade vegetable soup since I didn't have anything salad-like, and I didn't have any organic proteins. I could have opted to eat the crab cakes my mom was making, but they had a few contraband ingredients. So, I gulped down some soup and ran off to this dumb training after a long day at work.
I've been known to get these ridiculously intense headaches that originate in/around my eye. They are completely awful, and I pretty much live in fear of them. Well, before doing the Simeons protocol I could count on getting one of these every month, and if I was lucky every 6 weeks. Well I hadn't had one...until yesterday. It started late in the afternoon, and I thought if I could just get through the class and get to bed I could sleep it off. Well I did indeed try to sleep it off, but alas I woke up with it this morning :( The prospect of trying to push myself through the day with this headache was too daunting for me, and so I broke down and took an excedrin extra strength on my ride to work. I know, I know.... I couldn't even drive properly though!! The headlights of other cars were agony! ...Anyone with any experience of migraines will agree I was justified in my actions.
As a result of my unexpectedly late night, I was unable to prepare lunch for today (I also couldn't seem to muster the strength to iron any work clothes, so it was a comprehensive blow off of responsibilities) I ended up having my morning coffee, sliced apple and then for lunch I had to figure it out on the fly. I ended up getting a gyro from a local shop and eating everything IN the gyro, and only half the pita thingy. It CAME with fries so can I at least get some credit for not eating the fries??? As penance I came home, ate an apple for dinner and went off to my volleyball game. I even stayed afterward to do a little light lifting in the weight room. Oh man have I gotten weak.
I'm going to make a conscious effort to make it to the gym a few times a week to lift. I used to be SO freaking strong! I don't know when all this happened, but I guess I have been noticing that I've been feeling rather girly when it comes to manual labor type activities. It'll make me happy to regain some strength, and it will certainly help with the volleyball.
So there you have it! 45 days. Hm. I'll type up some reflections on this first round of phase 2 tomorrow. For now I'm off to finish preparing my lunch and dinner for tomorrow's long day. In hopes of keeping me satisfied all day, I'm taking two apples, a grapefruit, and two large salads with two small chicken breasts marinated in southwest chipotle seasoning. I know it sounds the same as the protocol, but I also plan on having eggs tomorrow morning with my coffee and maybe eat my grapefruit. Anyone with recipe suggestions, they are welcome!!!!
For those of you following my blog, I'll post recipes for phase three as I go along. Hopefully documenting my experience in phase three will help some of you! :) Oh, and a big thanks to Jami for holding me accountable, and demanding to know where my blog was for today :) Latest blog post to date! hahaha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks Pam! Since I've been waiting for job details I was using your blog updates as distractions and entertainment. :) And you're right, the Phase 3 food sounds exactly the same as Phase 2 only you can eat cheese and eggs and additional proteins.
ReplyDeleteI am going to see Cat on Sunday (getting 3 needles until the shipment arrives) and we are going to make your famous chili. She was eating tasteless food the first round, and I want this to help her see it doesn't have to be that way. It's much easier not to cheat if you enjoy the food you eat.
And you are right about getting weaker. It's not like the diet cuts muscle mass, it's that you don't do much exercise if any at all (I ride my bike about once a week). And if you do too much it'll mess up the resetting of your metabolism therefore committing you to exercising forever. As an athlete that might not scare you, but it does me!! You might want to consider a resistance band for light training.
So now all we need are weigh in updates, no pressure though. :)
You rock! We'll have to get together soon and catch up for real. Like, what do you do at your job?