Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 15

No loss. Go figure.

It's possible I saw no loss because of the ground beef I had last night for dinner. I know that seems to be controversial on the Simeons protocol, and I'm committed to discontinue its use, however I have to use what I have left. It shall be avoided from here on out!!!

It's getting much easier to stick to the diet while still participating in my social life. Yesterday I went to Chik-fil-a with my friends during a break from my emt refresher, and I sat there with my pre-made salad while they pigged out on fries, tons of sauces, sweet tea and chicken nuggets. Last night I went to watch the Ravens game with my friend...at a bar....and had water! My friends were much more accepting and understanding than I initially thought they would be. In fact, my excuse for not following suit with the group in either situation was that I'm really trying to save money this month and I'm trying to stay committed to not eating out. They all seemed to not only get it, but totally agree with me about the budgetary effects of eating out! It was almost like they admired my commitment! hahaha! Little did they know my reasons for not eating with them were two fold.... ;0)

Tonight for dinner:

Steak (or Chicken) Pizzaiola

  • 100g steak (or chicken)
  • tomato (diced)
  • 2-3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 t oregano
  • 1 t basil
  • 1/4 t chili powder
  • black pepper
    1. Preheat oven to 350.
    2. Place 1/2 of the diced tomato in casserole dish.
    3. Add meat on top of tomato and top with minced garlic.
    4. In small bowl, toss the rest of tomato with the oregano, basil, chili powder, and black pepper. Place on top of steak.
    5. Cover tightly with aluminum foil or with lid.
    6. Bake 45-60 mins.
    TIP: If using chicken, sear each side for a minute or two in a frying pan with a dash of salt/pepper (until just browned). Then follow with same steps as above.


  • Current Weight: 269.5
    Total Weight Lost: 19.5

    1 comment:

    1. There's always going to be tough days. You hear me cry about them all the time. :) Tomorrow will be better. You are doing great!

      ReplyDelete